| VAC Wound Therapy |
This process involved opening up a small part of the wound site and inserting a sponge. A sealed dressing is then applied to the wound with a tube attached to a small device that provides negative pressure. I have had to change the dressing twice at home; and both times failed to adequately seal the site. Jon's battery-powered VAC device reminds me (with a gentle vibrating buzz) that I failed....I have sealed and resealed with extra tape to no avail...
Tomorrow is Jon's 3-month follow-up CT scan of the chest. Invariably it produces a bit of anxiety...but the vibrating wound VAC has served as a great distraction.
Our South Pasadena YMCA had a fitness fundraiser for Jon last week. Our reflections/musings on this event will soon follow.
slowly exhaling with you. prayers continue. WORN by Tenth Avenue North is a great slow exhale song.
ReplyDeleteoxoxoxoxoxo
meredith
Those wound vacs are amazing things; I hope it helps significantly with healing (and that you figure out whatever is the secret to a good seal). My dad had one, and the tech told us that he had helped with setting them up also for a giant tortoise, a snake, and a lion :-o. Just a bit of trivia for you...
ReplyDeletePrayers for the peace that passes all understanding.
Prayers for healing and peace. We love you.
ReplyDelete