While Jon was in the hospital with a neutropenic fever last week, the oncologist paid him a visit. She said, "Congratulations...you just bought a ticket out of more chemo..." Yes--he heard that correctly....2/3 neutropenic fevers is considered "too risky" to continue treatment.
She said, "your bone marrow doesn't like chemo...."
hmhmhm...is there bone marrow that likes chemo?
None the less, Jon is resting in the fact there is no "choice" to be made. He is finished with chemotherapy, and he celebrates its' end.
Jon will have a chest scan at the end of the month and a pelvic MRI in three months.
He is pressing into the next phase of the journey...restoration.
Wow. You'll be back on the bike soon!
ReplyDeleteYes. We are all sighing a deep breath of joy and hope with you both.
ReplyDeleteThe Whites
I'm so glad to hear that you are entering the "restoration" phase. I pray for you every day! Much love, Marsha
ReplyDeleteLove you all. Happy to hear about the new "phase."
ReplyDeletePrayers for restoration and the healing phase of the journey. God bless.
ReplyDeletePretty Darn Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteFunny thing about that next stage: returning to normalcy... it's kinda liking coming home from a long time in the third world ("How do people choose from all those pens?!?!"). Most people dream of adventure and yet here you just want yours to be over. I'm guessing it will happen faster than you expect.
Here's hoping you get just the right amount of time to reflect before mundacity starts growing on your life again. ;-)
With Love and Light and Super Salutes from the McLaughlins.
You've done all that you can... and that your body will allow! Rest assured. :)
ReplyDeletePrayers and love.
Jordan
Dear Sarah Lynn, I continue to follow Jon's saga with interest and concern. Troy and the VTS crew remain the best source of info from out there: Troy less directly now that he has moved to San Diego diocese. Do tell Jon that I am getting closer to that cycling class at Sport and Health. I have little excuse to avoid it, since now that I am retired the gym is literally in the back yard from my apartment building. My love and prayers to you, especially to the teeny tiny Dephouses, who don't look as teeny and tiny as I remembered them to be now. God love you all. Tony Lewis
ReplyDeleteDear Jon, Sarah Lynn and family - You have been on my mind and in my prayers. Thank you for sharing the news of Jon's "restoration" phase. I will continue my prayers for healing and restoration. God's peace, Beth O'Callaghan
ReplyDelete