Jon is feeling slightly fatigued and nauseous but overall, he is handling the initial dose well. He is committed to walking three times a day to avoid fluid accumulation. He reads every comment on this blog, facebook, and the
youcaring site. All of your words, prayers, and support are an integral part of his strength and healing. Our gratitude overflows...
Jon, your being incredibly healthy and fit is going to help you beat this. We are praying for your complete healing. God bless you all.
ReplyDeleteAmy and Steve Wagner
Jon, my heart is aching as I am here in MI, unable to be there to help you or your wife or spend time with your sweet babies. Know that we are praying for you. Also remember that I have a terribly cheesy sense of humor and to call me if you need a laugh. OH! My John got an i-phone so we could do face-to-face time! Remember, you are not alone in this fight. It comforts me to know you have surrounded yourselves with such a loving and generous community of supportive people. We are sending love to you all!!!
ReplyDeleteHey y'all, Reading your blog, I can't help thinking how lucky you are that you are both such intelligent, bright, shiny, deep thinking people. Such an overwhelming depth of information to learn. I am so glad you are sorting through it, and learning what you need to know to be ready to combat this mess. We had to evacuate for the hurricane (and are all fine, as is our home) so I missed seeing you yesterday, but I WAS thinking of you. And I was thinking that with such heavy winds, perhaps an extra heavy dose of my positive energy got pushed out your way. :) Perhaps it can help with Jon's walk. I hope so. Love.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers from stormy Maryland. I too missed your post yesterday due to the weather, but was praying hard all day that you would tolerate the chemo well and the nurses would be nice. The Morris clan will continue to hold you in our prayers each day.
ReplyDeleteShane asked where Rev Jon was the other day. He reported that a girl (gasp!) was playing the guitar. We told him that Rev Jon has something that is making him sick and that he's at the hospital getting medicine. Shane said, "well we should pray for him". so we did. we hope you keep positive thoughts and stay strong! thinking and praying for you. -sarah kim
ReplyDeleteGo Jon! Go massive doses!
ReplyDeleteseeing that photo jon in hosp bed brought back very vivid memory of boy from my residency in chicago who was high school football star being treated for Hodgkins.. he had many hospital stays overlapped with my overnight calls. he used every device he could find in the hospital to do pull-ups (we even put a traction bar over his bed and he would lay there and think of exercises he could do) . he caught a football from one of his friends right in his nose one night (laying in his hospital bed) and caused me no end of troubles getting it to stop bleeding, which he thought was hilarious (but really I was very cute back then).
ReplyDeletePrayers for you and your family from up the hill at St. Mark's, Altadena, for healing, peace, and God's strength to sustain you.
ReplyDeleteJon, we know you're tough but we're still sending lots of prayers and positivity your way to help you get through this. Just know that we are thinking of you and waiting for your quick recovery. Lots of love from the Waclaw's.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to know you're doing the walking zen. The thought of you confined to that bed in the picture for even a day was pretty sad. Looking forward to seeing you soon in the sunshine. Love and Light from the McLaughlins.
ReplyDeleteAnother morning, another round of prayers and well wishes for the Dephouse family! We're sending tons of love. Can you feel it? We're singing, "Jedi blast that cancer!" Can you hear it? Stay strong, hang in there. You've got a rowdy and prayerful cheerleading squad and pep club out here! Including Auntie Di, who sends her love and has you on her prayer list. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
ReplyDeleteSending joy, Suz and Chadd
Mark and I are praying for you lots!!!
ReplyDeleteWe prepare for God to use our pain to bless others by first experiencing His grace and peace. The apostle Paul writes: "Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ"
ReplyDelete2 Corinthians 1:2
....by praying with gratitude as you let God know what you desire, you will be imbued with a supernatural peace that defies human explanation. Philippians 4:6-7
copied from the book, THE BLESSING OF ADVERSITY
Jon and Sarah Lynn.....thank you for being obedient and for receiving the Lord's grace and peace through your pain and adversity. You are a witness.....a rippling effect....I will be praying non stop....and we will see the LORD work in mighty and amazing ways!
To GOD BE THE GLORY. I love you!! Meredith
Hi Jon! Just read that you read every comment on the blog, so it's motivated me to not just hang around reading but reach out to you. Greg and I are both thinking about your every day!
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of all of you every day... It is heartbreaking to think that someone so healthy and athletic is fighting cancer. I know from experience how much fun it is to sit in a hospital room, hope you have enough visitors and things to keep you occupied! Stay strong, you have your entire family cheering you on!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jason, Elizabeth and Ethan
Hey Rev Jon
ReplyDeleteYou know the sad state of my soul, but I'm praying away anyway!!!!
Jon and Sarah,
ReplyDeleteDefinitely thinking about you both and the incredible physical and mental reserves you'll need to call on to get through this. Plus amazing patience to just stay still in a hospital room. Let us know if there's anything we can do. Katie, Jamie and the girls
Hi Jon and Sarah,
ReplyDeleteThis is Mary, yoga teacher at the Y. I just want you both to know that my family and I are thinking of you and praying for Jon's recovery. You are both such a wonderful part of our community here, and I am sure you have even tons more people on your side than you realize. Sending peace and love your way!
Jon and Sarah, this is Elaine Vaden, currently in NC. I have been thinking and praying for you and your family since learning of Jon's diagnosis (thanks to Johnny Ching). I pray for the goodness of our Lord to settle into your beings and keep you at peace.
ReplyDelete